1.13.2012

A Mist of Positivity

Classes are very dangerous for my wallet. When I try out new techniques I usually end up buying a lot of the products used in the class. The last class I took at my local LSS (local scrapbooking store) was no exception. The product? Glimmer mists!

I have about 12 colours but haven't really practiced with them. So, I whipped a bottle out last week just to see what the results would be. I think the thing that bugs me the most is that I have a vision of how I want the "blotches" to look but can't seem to make it happen on a card. It does, however, work GREAT when I practice on scrap paper. Go figure.

 I added some dark blue mist to the card below. For the background, I just inked up an alpha/numeric stamp set that was still on its original plastic backing.


What's the one technique you'd like to master one day?

2 comments:

  1. First let me say that that card is gorgeous!!! Wow!
    I'm not much of a technique girl. I don't like just sitting down and playing. When I do sit to create, I just want to get pages done.
    Maybe I need to enjoy the process a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The red burst and the turquoise look awesome together. I really like the background you created too. One day I would like to get Ranger certification.

    ReplyDelete